This line integrates the research carried out on the development of instruments and procedures for the characterization of photovoltaic component and systems, as well as the problems associated to the engineering of stand-alone photovoltaic systems, either grid connected or concentration systems. It is supported by Instruments and Systems Integration, Photovoltaic Systems and GEDIRCI: Renewable Distributed Generation and Intelligent Control UPM Research Groups, and includes:
- Photovoltaic cells, receivers, modules and systems measurement instrumentation.
- Receivers and collectors for photovoltaic concentration.
- Special solar cells technology.
- Photovoltaic modules angular and spectral losses.
- Inverse polarization solar cells modelling: associations characterization.
- Concentration optical systems for optimizing collection in photovoltaic solar cells.
- Electrical grid connected photovoltaic systems: quallity assurance, design, characterization, production estimation, evaluation and electrical grid.
- Photovoltaic solar energy integration in buildings and urban environments.
- Stand-alone and hybrid photovoltaic systems: quallity assurance, design, characterization, production estimation and evaluation.
- Photovoltaic rural electrification: quallity assurance, design, characterization and evaluation