To be incorporated to the Doctorate Program the following steps and requirements must be fulfilled (http://www.upm.es/internacional/Students/Studies+and+Degrees/PhD+studies):
- Access Conditions (General for any Doctorate Program)
- Admission procedure and Conditions (Specific to each Doctorate Program)
- Pre-enrolment in the Doctorate Program
- Acceptance by the Academic Commission of the Doctorate.
- Enrollment in the Doctorate Program
The doctorate program is divided in two periods: formation and investigation. The formation period of the Doctorate in Photovoltaic Solar Energy is constituted by the University Master in Photovoltaic Solar Energy
It is necessary to be in possession of a Spanish official university title or an equivalent title from the European Space of Superior Education.
For students outside of the educational European Space of Superior Education, the UPM will need to confirm that the title is equivalent to a European Space of Superior Education title.
In addition to these general access requirements, each program has its own specific requirements.
To accede to the investigation period it is necessary to have either satisfactorily completed the above mentioned formation period or be in possession of a University Masters Title or another title of the same level from another institution.
If the Access Conditions are fulfilled, the first step is to make contact with a professor of the Doctorate Program who must accept to be the future Tutor of the Doctoral Thesis. This Professor will endorse the candidate’s admission in front of the Academic Commission of Doctorate Studies when the candidate requests the admission officially.
For the Doctorate Program in Photovoltaic Solar Energy, there are three ways to be incorporated to the Doctorate:
(1) The usual procedure is to answer some of the periodic offers that the different groups publish on the website (www.ies.upm.es). These offers are published with variable frequency, according to the needs of investigation. In these pages the requirements and documentation are specified.
(2) Alternatively, incorporation requests not linked to the online offers will also be considered. Before making such a request we suggest prospective applicants study the webpage www.ies.upm.es to review the scientific activities of the professors and make direct contact with the Professor with which they wish to work. The following documentation must be sent to this Professor:
(3) Finally, prospective applicants may send this documentation to the coordinator who will forward it to appropriate professors. However, this option has lower possibilities of success. It is recommended that prospective choose either of the first two options over this one.
Once the Access and admission conditions have been fulfilled (the prospective applicant is in possession of the necessary documents and a Professor has agreed to be the Director of the Doctoral Thesis), the next step is pre-enrolment in the Doctorate Program. The administrative steps are centralized in the UPM’s Vice-rectorate of Doctorate and Postgraduate Studies (Vicerrectorado de Doctorado y Postgrado). Pre-enrolment is carried out using the on-line pre-enrolment form. Details of the dates and specific instructions on how to carry out this process can be found at the following addresses:
The Academic Commissions of Doctorate Programs department will receive the applications and they will be accepted or refused.
Once admitted to the Doctorate Program, the final step is Enrollment. The administrative steps of Enrollment are carried out in the Superior Technical School of Telecommunications Engineers. Details of the dates and specific instructions on how to carry out this process can be found at the following addresses: